SELECT FORMAT TO READ
|iPads & Tablets download|
PDF + videos
Basic Web Page
On the road to recovery in Yorkshire
It has been over 200 days since communities across Yorkshire had their Christmas stolen by Storm Eva. Flood defences were damaged and telemetry stations – which monitor river levels - logged record-breaking levels, alongside the obvious and devastating damage to businesses and properties across Yorkshire.
Welsh Slate Helps Transform London Landmark
Roof slates from Welsh Slate feature on a refurbished building at the heart of the regeneration of Kings Cross. Some 6,400 natural slates from Welsh Slate have helped restore to its former glory the roof of the first purpose-built gym in England, albeit now as a designer restaurant.
Out & About
- Ranger Plant Increases Dumper Fleet
- Three more Volvo A30G’s for Ward Plant
- Canvey Wick Nature Reserve Set For Exciting Expansion
- More Chippers for A-Plant
- Advanced Access Platforms Score High In London
- MB Works With Everything!
- From Hillhead To Quarry Taskforce
- Ultra-Large Excavator Increases Productivity At Swinden Quarry
- Working In the Salt Mines - Terex Trucks
What's New In
Plant & Equipment
A look at recent introductions from manufacturers into the UK & Ireland
- Safe Temporary Power Distribution
- Terram Expands Grass Reinforcement Mesh Range
- Improved Safety And Flexibility For Your Hydraulic Quickcoupler
- Innovative Remote Blast Monitoring Service
- New Ground Vibration Monitor
- Trenchlink Transforms Roadwork
The UK & Ireland's leading magazine for the construction and related industries.
Each issue read by over 42,000 professionals .
Postgraduate Diploma/Masters in International Construction Law 2017 by online distance learning
‘The Smile’ By Architect Alison Brooks And Arup
For The London Design Festival The American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC) has collaborated with Alison Brooks Architects, Arup and the London Design Festival to present a cross-laminated tulipwood structure, ‘The Smile’ was at the Chelsea College of Art Rootstein Hopkins Parade Ground from 17 September until 12 October.
Customizing Plant to Increase Safety is a Priority
Morrison Utility Services (MUS) has added a further 60 Volvo EC18Ds and 3 ECR50Ds to its mobile plant fleet, all of which have been fitted with unique safety features to prevent the inadvertent operation of controls, thus significantly cutting out large elements of risk.
Do Your Vehicles Comply With London’s Emission Restriction?
Requirements To provide people living and working in London with cleaner air, from 2020 construction equipment in London will have to comply with London NRMM Low Emission Zone (LEZ). Four years may seem a long way off but here is a timely reminder and it will come around quicker than you think.
- 2 UV Lining Team Meets Challenge To Cure Flooding
- Facade Installation Has Commenced At Royal Holloway University
- Steel or Timber – how will the housing market react?
- Stormcrate Offers Stormwater Solution At New Primary School
- Kijlstra Delivers First CSO Chamber To Welsh Water
- New Electrification System Pioneered In Severn Tunnel
- Work Begins On Major Drainage Survey Of Severn Tunnel
- Beam Grab Improves Delivery of Precast Elements
- Q Crane & Plant Hire Investment In Crawler Cranes
- Orange Armstrong Ceilings Help The Sun Rise On A Regeneration First
- 2016 Royal Charter International Research Award is announced
- Curved steel raises the roof on M&S car park
- Next Generation Roofing Solution For Low-Energy Homes